I have been designing knitwear for over 40 years, and in that time I have covered many aspects of knit design, including:
- designing knitwear garments for retail and wholesale
- freelance design
- commissioned work
- designing and writing patterns for magazines and 2 published books
- teaching hand and machine knit design at further education colleges
- Designing and selling knitted swatches through an agent to manufacturers worldwide.
- lecturing in fashion history and critical studies at degree level
- historical research and writing
I am now working as a pattern consultant and technical editor, as well as a freelance designer.
Or more information or to discuss your requirements, please contact me on email@example.com
Click on each image below to be taken to a new page with examples of my work and more information.